Tuesday, January 25, 2005

...Movie Clichés

Thoughts on "Cellular"

If I see one more action/thriller/horror movie where the antagonist has the protagonist in a vulnerable situation and could easily kill him if he so desired, but inexplicably decides instead to talk the protagonist’s ear off, thus giving the protagonist the valuable time needed to think a way out of the situation, I’m going to drink a bottle of Drano and put myself out of my misery. It amazes me how tolerant some people are at having their intelligence insulted. If you watch a movie that contains a scene such as this and justify it with the lame “it’s just a movie, it’s not supposed to be realistic” line, I’m sorry, but you’re a tool. Unless you’re my wife. Then we just have different tastes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Fallacy of the Talking Killer (credit the late Gene Siskel - 4th one down)

|
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

< ? California Blogs # >
Powered by Blogger