Friday, October 01, 2004

...Have We Read My Blog Lately

Is there anything more annoying than when people use the term “we” when they really mean “you”?

One of my partners, who is otherwise a really good guy, is especially bad about this. He’s always asking stuff like, “Can we call (insert vendor) too see how quickly they can ship (insert product)?”, “Have we invoiced (insert customer) yet?”, “Is there any way we can call (insert vendor) to check on status (of our order)?”, “Have we called (insert customer) to schedule installation?”

I hate the condescending passive-aggressiveness of it, the way it implies that the asker is somehow a partner in whatever task he’s requesting be performed when in actuality he’s just trying to dump it all off on you.

I don’t mind the work, I just hate the notion that I need to be coddled.

Or I could be overthinking this.
|
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

< ? California Blogs # >
Powered by Blogger