Thursday, September 16, 2004

...Where I'm Going, Where I've Been

Have you ever had that experience where you're about 3/4ths of the way through a really good meal and you find yourself getting kind of depressed because you know pretty soon you're going to be done?

That's how I feel as I find myself getting near the end of this:



SIDE NOTE: I got contact lenses shortly before my freshman year of high school; something I will always be thankful for as it made high school a far more pleasant experience for me than I'm sure it would have been otherwise. But there was definitely a period in junior high where my thick glasses gave me an uncanny resemblance to Bill Haverchuck

Lucky for me, my depression was eased when this arrived in the mail yesterday:



As anyone who knows me personally will surely attest, I'm about as far removed from being a touchy-feely, emotional type of guy as you're going to meet. But as I sat last night with my two stepsons, ages 8 & 10, who usually roll their eyes when I try to share with them the music, movies and TV shows of my youth, and watched as they laughed uproariously at a perfectly timed, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?", well, who wouldn't shed a tear?


|
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

< ? California Blogs # >
Powered by Blogger