Monday, November 13, 2006

...Fixed Fights

I’ve long suspected that Iron Chef America is about as authentic as professional wrestling. My suspicions arose as soon as the show debuted with a “Battle of the Masters” tournament, featuring the new American Iron Chefs doing battle with their counterparts from the original Japanese program. By coincidence, I’m sure, the Americans just happened to win every battle.

So my B.S. detector was on high last night when Iron Chef America featured a special, heavily-promoted tag team battle between Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis vs. Mario Batali and current it-girl Rachael Ray.

My instincts told me there is no way in hell Rachael Ray, with a brand-new high-profile talk show and having become an entire multi-million dollar industry all unto herself, would agree to participate in such a contest unless she knew ahead of time she was winning. And lo and behold, she did.

Detective Gooch, at your service.
|
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

< ? California Blogs # >
Powered by Blogger